Fall is nearly here and what is the best thing about Fall apart from Halloween? Pumpkin Spice Latte! Yes, this world famous drink is brought to you by Starbucks but once those cravings start kicking in, there is no time to lose in getting some of the delectable drink. Even if Starbucks outlets are starting to crop almost everywhere, you can still prevent the hassle of moving, queuing, talk to a rude cashier who can’t write your name and the incessant whining of creepy children. How? By making your own Pumpkin Spice Latte at home!
Yes, it is entirely possible and you simply need to gather these ingredients to get started;
- Pumpkin Puree ( 2 Tablespoons)
- Pumpkin Pie Spice (1/2 Teaspoon)
- Black Pepper
- Sugar (2 Tablespoons)
- Vanilla Extract (2 Tablespoons)
- Whole Milk (2 Cups)
- Espresso (1 or 2 Shots – ¼ Cup)
- Heavy Cream (1/4 Cup)
Into The Action!
- Begin by heating up the pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice and a sprinkle of black pepper in a small saucepan. Keep the heat at medium flame and stir constantly until it smells amazing!
Tip: Keep stirring it by the sides as well to prevent burnt sugar at the sides.
- Once it leaves out a good aroma, mix the sugar and stir it until you are left with a thick spicy syrup.
- In another pan, whisk in milk and the vanilla extracts. Keep warming it gently without letting the milk boil. After 3-4 minutes, use a hand blender or traditional one to beat the milk mixture until it is nice and frothy.
- Whisk the heavy cream in an ice-cold bowl until stiff peaks are formed. If you wish, you can fold in some powdered sugar at this stage.
- Finally, in your serving mug, pour your expresso, then frothed milk and spicy syrup. Top it all with Heavy cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin spice as garnish.
Tip: Let the mug rest for around 5 minutes before garnishing with whipped cream. This allows the spices to infuse well in the drink. You can spare some moments for doing the dishes or play some slots like Autumn Gold at Kitty Bingo to have a total feel of fall!
Of course, you can try some substitutions like skimmed milk for a less fatty milk drink. If you wish to substitute sugar, you can always go for honey. Health is wealth… For those who do want to have a fragrant vanilla latte instead, just make a thick syrup and add in two tablespoons of vanilla. Yeah, that’s right, two tablespoons!
We understand that you can be having a bad day and don’t want to go shopping for pumpkin spice. The perfect alternative is here. Try a mixture of cinnamon, ginger, cloves and cardamom (Go hardcore on the cardamoms please!) That should do the thing…
Now that you’ve got the perfect recipe for Pumpkin Spice Latte, why not treat this gorgeous drink to your folks and families. Remember where you got the recipe in case they ask…