While updating the Windows 10 you may end up facing error code 0x80070422. This is an error which doesn’t let you update the Windows. As Windows is the important part of any PC and it is mandatory that you keep your Windows update with the latest version. But sometimes when we try updating Windows then an error appears which shows Error Code 0x80070422.
You need to fix this error for proceeding further for the update of the Windows. When you face this error then it will show you that “There were some problems installing updates”. So if you are also facing the same error then here you are at the right place. In this article, we will be discussing that how you can get rid of the error code 0x80070422 which prevents Windows from updating.
You May Also Like: Fix Hotspot Shield Something Went Wrong Error
Why does Error Code 0x80070422 Occur?
The Error Code 0x80070422 generally appears when you try to update your Windows, it appears because your copy of Windows has some malicious software which has replaced the system parameters that’s why now built-in firewall has to block the installation of some updates. Sometimes the malware does not affect the system but also blocks the built-in-firewall.
Fix Windows 10 Update Error 0x80070422
There are various methods to fix this error. You can try any of them to fix 0x80070422 Error on Windows Update.
Method #1: RESTART WINDOWS UPDATE SERVICE
Easiest and the most effective method to fix the error is via restarting windows update service. Follow below steps to do this.
- At first press Windows + R key on your system and then type “services.msc”.
- Now hit the enter button after typing this.
- Now locate this Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) > Cryptographic Service > Windows Update > MSI Installer
- Then right-click on each of these and select Properties.
- Make sure their Startup Type is set to Automatic.
- If you find any of these services stopped then you need to click on Start under Service Status.
- After that right-click on Windows and click on Restart.
- Restart your PC.
- Voila! There are chances that you will get rid of the 0x80070422 error.
Also Read: Fix Page Fault in Nonpaged Area
Method #2: ENABLE FIREWALL
Another method to get rid of this error is via enabling the firewall.
- At first, press Windows + R key and type services.msc then hit the enter button.
- Once it’s opened look for Windows firewall.
- Now check for the startup type and status which should be disabled.
- If it is disabled then you need to enable it and set it as automatically start on startup.
- Once you have enabled it right click on Firewall and click on Start.
- It will enable Firewall for you which may help in getting rid of the 0x80070422 error.
Method #3: DOWNLOAD UPDATES MANUALLY
Another way to get rid of this error is that you can download windows update and then install it manually. Or if you have installed any Antivirus from Third Party sources then you need to uninstall it from your system completely. You can download the updates from the official website of Microsoft. While downloading the updates please make sure that you are downloading them from official sources. Also, download the update according to your system’s configuration whether it’s 32 bit or 64 bit. If you install Windows manually then you will not face this error anymore.
Method #4: DISABLE IPv6
- To Disable IPv6 on your PC right click on the Wifi icon and then open “Open Network and Sharing Center”
- Now click on the network with which you are connected or if you are not connected then you can choose Ethernet.
- There click on the properties button.
- Now please make sure to uncheck Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IP).
- Click on OK button and restart your PC.
- It can also help you to solve the 0x80070422 error.
Method #5: DISABLE NETWORK LIST SERVICE
- Press Windows + R key, type services.msc and hit the enter button.
- Now find Network List Service right click on it and then open the Properties.
- Now in Startup Type box select Disabled and click on STOP.
- Then click on Apply button.
- Reboot your PC.
If you are also unable to update Windows and facing 0x80070422 Error while updating then you must follow above mentioned steps. Once you follow these methods I’m sure that you will get rid of this error easily. If you are having any other query related query to Windows Update then please do ask it in the comments section-below. Also, do share this guide with your friends. Keep visitin us for more Windows update related issues.