Cydia Impactor is a tool for iOS users which let you install any IPA File on your iOS device. The best thing about Cydia Impactor is that you don’t need to have jailbreak device for using this. You can even use this if your device is not jailbroken. Earlier to install IPA files you had to Jailbreak your device but now you don’t need to Jailbreak your device for install IPA Files. Cydia Impactor let you install IPA files in seconds. This tool is available for Windows & Mac users. You can use it on Linux also.
If you are an iOS user then you might be aware of Cydia Impactor and it’s usage. Cydia Impactor let you install those applications which are not available on the iOS store. Such applications are in the form of IPA Files which you need to install manually and Cydia Impactor is the tool which helps you in doing this task. Another thing of Cydia Impactor is that it doesn’t harm your iOS version.
All applications are not available on the iOS store so you will have to download applications from the external resource and then you will be in need of Cydia Impactor tool to install them manually. Also, many applications available on the iOS store are paid and you need to pay for using these applications. You can download them from external sources such as Golden Cydia and install them via Cydia Impactor.
How to Download & Install Cydia Impactor on PC
- At first, download Cydia Impactor on your PC from their official website.
- Select the desired platform which you are using such as Mac, Windows or Linux.
- Open the executable file and install the Cydia Impactor successfully.
- If you are on Windows platform then make sure that you have downloaded the latest version of iTunes.
- If your device is not detected by Cydia Impactor then you will have to install USB Drivers also.
How to install IPA Files with the help of Cydia Impactor
- Once you have installed Cydia Impactor on your system then you will have to download the IPA File also which you want to install on your iOS device.
- Now connect your mobile via USB to your Computer.
- Now open the executable file of Cydia Impactor on your PC.
- Now, Once your device is detected by Impactor then you need to drag & drop the IPA file on Cydia.
- Once you connect the device then it will show you a warning. Simply click on the Ok button.
- You can also go to Device option and select Install Package.
- Now it will ask you for Apple ID username and Apple ID password to fetch the certificate from Apple’s server.
- If you use the Apple ID registered with the Apples’ developer programme then you will get the developer certificate which will be valid for one year. And if you use non-developer ID then the certificate will be valid only for 7 days.
- After entering the Login credentials, let the Cydia Impactor do its process and the IPA file will be installed on your device.
- Once you see the “Complete” dialogue in Cydia Impactor then go to Settings > General > Device Management of your mobile phone.
- Now open the just installed profile and click on the Trust Developer.
- That’s all, Now you can run your IPA file on the iOS device.
What are IPA Files?
We all might be aware of Apk Files which are application package for Android devices. Now, IPA Files are similar to Apk but the main difference both is that IPA files are supported only on iOS devices and Apk files are supported only for Android devices.
Where to find IPA Files?
If you are an iOS user and looking for IPA Files to use on Cydia Impactor then you can find many IPA files on the Internet. There are tons of IPA files available on the Internet which you can install on your iOS device with the help of Cydia Impactor.
Requirements to Run Cydia Impactor
There are no special requirements to run Cydia Impactor. You can run Cydia Impactor on Windows/Mac or Linux any platform. If you are on Mac platform then you don’t even need Xcode. You can run it on 32 or 64 bit any version of Windows.
iTunes must be installed on your computer if you are using Windows platform for the iOS device.
Features of Cydia Impactor
Cydia Impactor has many cool features one of them is installing IPA Files on the iOS device without Jailbreak. However, there are many other features also which are as mentioned below.
- Install IPA Files: The very first & main work for which this tool is used is installing IPA files on iOS devices. You can install Apk files also on your Android device with the help of Cydia Impactor.
- Root Android Mobile: You can even root your Android mobile with the help of Cydia Impactor. This tool can be used to root Android devices whose version is 2.3 to 5.0
- Unlock Bootloader: It can be used to unlock the bootloader of your device.
- Bridging Connection: You can bridge a connection between your mobile and computer via this tool.
So, this was the complete guide on Cydia Impactor which is the helpful tool for installing IPA files on your iOS device without Jailbreak. This is the easiest method for installing application packages on any device. You can even use this for your Android device also.
If you have any query or question related to Cydia Impactor then feel free to ask it in the comments section below. We would be happy to hear from you. Also, share this awesome piece of information with your colleagues so that they can also run IPA files on their iOS devices.